At the start of La Lampadoforia 2018, the event that takes place between Naples and surroundings and recalls the Greek origins of the Neapolitan capital.
Since 31 August al September 2th, the third edition of The 2018 lampshade. The event will focus on the Myth of the Parthenope siren and River Sebeto and it will be a great opportunity to re-enact the Greek origins of the city of Naples. The initiative was organized by The seats of Naples and will be characterized by a long series of moments to be lived.
The light bulb will remember again this year the birth of Naples, touching the main places in which he decided to undermine the first Greek colony from the eighth century BC There will be guided tours, concerts and dances under the banner of return to traditions, theatricalizations and processions in costume Greek-archaic, demonstrations focused on martial arts with appropriate clothes and armor. To all this we must add the famous Race with torches and a series of conferences focused precisely on Neapolitan history. All that remains is to discover the Greek Naples in all its many facets!
The 2018 Light Bulb program
Friday August 31
- 10.10: Guided tour "Un giorno a Neapolis" with Enzo Di Paoli at the Greek Walls in piazza Bellini
- 17.00: Honor to the Master Pythagoras and short Lampoforia in the Forcella district in Piazza Calenda
- 19.00: the Lampadodromie and the Lampadoforia to the Official Club of the Navy of via Cesario Console
- 20.30: Concert of ancient Greek music in the Royal Pontifical Basilica of San Francesco di Paola
Saturday 1 ° September
- 15.00: Guided tour "Journey into the Myth" at the Acropolis of Cuma (Bacoli)
- 17.00: Lighting of the Torch of the Athens Olympics 2004 at the Acropolis of Cuma (Bacoli)
- 17.00: Animations in greek-archaic clothes and armor in Piazza Plebiscito
- 19.00: Start of the Corsa Lampadoforia in Largo Sermoneta in Mergellina
- 19.00: Departure of the Great historical procession in ancient Greek costume in Piazza Plebiscito, Palazzo Salerno
- Theatricalization of the Mythena Parthenope and the Sebeto River
Sunday September 2th
- Conference "Il Risveglio della Magna Grecia" in Monumental complex of San Lorenzo Maggiore