The special appointment with the GEP is back, that is The European Heritage Days (European Heritage Days), one of the most anticipated cultural events of the year. This year they will take place in the days of Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 September 2022 and also the museums and archaeological sites of Napoli will be involved.
During these two days you will have the opportunity to visit museums and places of culture that have decided to join the initiative, organizing interesting activities such as guided tours, but also extraordinary evening openings in state museums with a 1 euro ticket and much more.
This post in brief
The theme of the 2022 edition of the GEP
The theme of the 2022 edition will be Sustainable Cultural Heritage: a legacy for the future, to underline how our cultural heritage is of great importance for future generations.
Not only that, because the theme wants to encourage museums, archaeological parks and places of culture to be promoters of sustainable culture, so that conscious and responsible choices are made for a better future, more sustainable from several points of view: environmental, economic and social. .
All organizers are therefore invited to present their institutes in a green perspective, or by insisting on the practices of collection, recycling, waste reduction, on topics such as biodiversity, resource saving and much more.
The program of events
There will be both daytime events in the many participating museums, but also evening initiatives which, as mentioned, provide for admission to museums at the price of 1 € to stimulate people to get to know our artistic and cultural heritage.
- 24 September Museum Center of Natural and Physical Sciences - FEDERICO II University of Naples - Via Mezzocannone - 80134 Naples (NA). Free visit to the scientific collections from 9.30 to 13.30. Info: +39 0812535162 - 0812537587
- 24 September The San Vincenzo pier in the historic port of Naples. An urban and environmental regeneration project - Via Ferdinando Acton - 80133 Naples (NA). From 9.00 to 11.00. Info: +39 335405297
- 24 and 25 September: Archaeo-naturalistic guided tour from Pausilypon to the Submerged Park of Gaiola - Descent Coroglio, 36 - 80124 Naples (NA). From 10.00 to 13.00. Reservation required on Official site. Info: 0812403235
- 24 and 25 September: Museo Madre - Via Settembrini, 79 (Palazzo Donnaregina) - 80139 Naples (NA). Two cycles of guided visits to the "Beauty and Terror" exhibition at 12.00 and 1. Info: +16.00 39
- September 25th - Tales of Beauty - Walk to the Real Bosco di Capodimonte - via Miano - 80131 Naples (NA). From 11.00 to 13.00. Free participation with reservations required by Thursday 22 September to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- 24 September - Return to the Opera at the Royal Palace - Piazza del Plebiscito 1 - 80132 Naples (NA). Royal Palace opening from 10.00 to 17.00. The event will take place at 12.00 with a repetition at 16.00. Only on 24 September 2022, admission to the MeMus of the Teatro di San Carlo will be free at the agreed times for the proposed activity with a possible visit to the current exhibition. Info: +39 0817972202
- 24 and 25 September - Extended extraordinary opening of the Sansevero Chapel Museum - Via Francesco De Sanctis, 19/21 - 80134 Naples (NA). From 9.00 to 22.00. Info: +39 0815524936
- 24 and 25 September: the MANN in Naples includes a concert, visits and workshops for children.
Events and evening openings for 1 euro - 24 September
- Mother Museum - Via Settembrini, 79 (Palazzo Donnaregina) - 80139 Naples (NA). Extraordinary opening from 19.30 to 22.00. Info: +39 08119978017
- Extended extraordinary opening of the Sansevero Chapel Museum - Via Francesco De Sanctis, 19/21 - 80134 Naples (NA). Extraordinary opening from 9.00 to 22.00. Info: +39 0815524936
- Capodimonte looks to the future - Museum and Wood of Capodimonte - via Miano - 80131 Naples (NA). Extraordinary opening from 19.30 to 22.30 (last admission at 21.30). Info: 0817499130
- Pompeii Archaeological Park - via Plinio - 80045 Pompei (NA). From 20.00 to 23.00. Info: +39 081 8575 347 - email@example.com
- MANN of Naples: concert by Not Just Fella's
- Sansevero Chapel in Naples: opening in the evening until 22.00pm
Information on European Heritage Days
September 24st and 25nd 2022
Museums and archaeological sites of Naples
- daytime opening according to the times of the individual museums
- evening opening on September 25th until about 22.00 pm (in addition to the morning time)
- ordinary tickets in museums, during the day
- evening tickets for 1 euro