The beautiful Palazzo Zevallos Stigliano, which stands on Via Toledo in the city center, takes its name from its first owner, Giovanni Zevallos. Over the centuries the Palace will undergo several changes of ownership and related renovations, until the acquisition by the Banca Commerciale Italiana.
Many works exhibited in this place, such as those of Vincenzo Gemito e Gaspar van Wittel, those of the painters of School of Posillipo and most of the artists of the Nineteenth-century Neapolitan school, like Giacinto Gigante, Anton Smink Pitloo, Nicola Palizzi, Domenico Morelli and many others.
Edc is in this building that you can admire "The last Caravaggio", or the last painting of the famous Michelangelo Merisi, called il Caravaggio, Entitled "Martyrdom of St. Ursula" made in the 1610, just a few weeks before his death.
Le sale that you can visit, they are:
- the Hall of Cupids and the seventeenth century;
- the Hall of still and eighteenth century nature;
- the Bird Room;
- the Pompeian Room;
- the Hall of Fidelity;
- the Sala di Luca Giordano and Francesco De Mura;
- the environment of the grand staircase.
Information on the Palazzo Zevallos Stigliano
- Tuesday to Friday from 10: 00 to 18: 00 (last entry 17 hours: 30)
- Saturday and Sunday from 10: 00 to 20: 00 (last entry 19 hours: 30)
- Monday closed
Joint ticket valid for visiting temporary exhibitions and permanent collections.
- Whole 5,00 €
- Reduced 3,00 €
Young people aged 18 to 25; over 65; groups of at least 15 people; group leaders (starting from the second) and school groups (starting from the third). Members: FAI, Italia Nostra, Touring Club, Amici dei Musei, ACI “Show your card”, ARCI, Emergency, Qui! Cultura and coupon holders, Artecard, Ferrovie dello Stato. Holders of a ticket for a Galleria d'Italia issued less than a year earlier.
- Free entry
Young people up to 18 years (accompanied entry up to 12 years); Intesa Sanpaolo customers; employees of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group; school groups; disabled person and carer; journalists; tour guides and interpreters accompanying tour guides; museum officials; teachers and students of archeology, architecture, art and cultural heritage; ICOM members; MIBACT staff. Holders of the Gallerie d'Italia Annual Pass, Ferrovie dello Stato employees (with company identification card) and Card holdersARROW: 2 admission tickets to the museum at the price of 1. Free admission every first Sunday of the month.
- Tel: 081 791 7233 - 800 454229
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official website of the Galleries of Palazzo Zevallos di Stigliano
How to get:
- Address: Via Toledo, 185
- From Piazza Garibaldi: L1 metro line, Toledo station (about 3 minutes on foot)