In conjunction with the “Spaccanapoli 2023” running event, the Municipality of Naples has announced important changes to the vehicular circulation. These measures will be in force on November 5, 2023, starting from 8:00 up to 10:30 and will persist until the needs related to the event are over.
Race Route and Road Closures
To ensure the safe running of the marathon, a ban will be imposed vehicular transit along the race route, which will see the athletes cross some of the most emblematic streets of the city. The affected roads include:
- Piazza Municipio, starting and arrival point, followed by via Verdi, via San Carlo and continuing along an itinerary that touches Piazza Dante e Via Tribunali.
- The route will then wind through the historic heart of the city, including Via San Biagio dei Librai e Piazza San Domenico Maggiore.
- The last segment of the route will extend along the picturesque seafront, starting from Via Partenope up to the halfway point at the intersection with Viale Dohrn and back towards Piazza Municipio.
For reasons of safety, strictly linked to the nature of the route, further restrictions have been established:
- The ban on transit via S. Sebastiano e street of the Sun.
- La chiusura of the Bicycle lane on the seafront, which goes from Piazza della Repubblica a via Cesario Console, will be effective for the entire duration of the event, preventing access to cyclists due to the passage of marathon runners.
For more detailed information and real-time updates, we recommend consulting the online resources made available by the Municipality and the digital navigation tools.
Flash summary of road closures
Table of the roads closed during the marathon “Spaccanapoli 2023", with the relevant sections affected by the ban on vehicular transit:
|Road section||Closing (5 November 2023)|
|Piazza Municipio (Departure/Arrival)||08:00 - 10:30|
|Verdi street||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via San Carlo||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Vittorio Emanuele III||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Medina||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Monte Oliveto||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via S.Anna dei Lombardi||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazza Sette Settembre||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazza Dante||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Pesina||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Conte di Ruvo||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via S. Maria di Costantinopoli||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via S. Pietro a Maiella||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazza Miraglia||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via dei Tribunali||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Duomo||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via San Biagio dei Librai||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazzetta Nilo||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazza San Domenico Maggiore||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Benedetto Croce||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazza del Gesù||08:00 - 10:30|
|Lower Trinity Major||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazza Trieste and Trento||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazza del Plebiscito||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Cesario Console||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Santa Lucia||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Partenope||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via Caracciolo (and Giro di Boa)||08:00 - 10:30|
|Piazza Vittoria||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via S. Sebastiano (Security Reasons)||08:00 - 10:30|
|Via del Sole (Security Reasons)||08:00 - 10:30|
|Waterfront Cycle Path (Piazza Repubblica – Via Cesario Console)||08:00 - 10:30|