On the occasion of the celebrations for the Christmas la Municipal Council approved a particular plan that will serve to regulate the city mobility that will enter in force on November 5, 2022 and will be valid until January 8, 2023.
The main objective of this decision is to safeguard the environment, with particular attention to air quality, encourage the rational use of energy and limit the use of cars. In fact, some ZTL, the service will be activated Taxi Sharing, traffic devices and much more. But let's see in detail.
This post in brief
- 1 Limitation of construction sites
- 2 Pedestrianization and establishment of the ZTL
- 3 Stop of the tourist buses
Limitation of construction sites
With the new plan, new construction sites in the city will be limited, from 3 December to 8 January 2023, of course, if these are not extremely necessary, to avoid traffic and limit the commitment of the Municipal Police who are busy during the Christmas period.
Pedestrianization and establishment of the ZTL
Ancient Center and Chiaia
The pedestrian area has been defined in Via dei Tribunali at the corner of Via Nilo, and various installations are planned to control it telematic access points. Violators will be punished with sanctions. The other gates will also be checked, namely:
- vico Cinquesanti corner of via dell'Anticaglia;
- vico Gelonomini corner via San Giuseppe dei Ruffi;
- via Pisanelli at the corner of via Purgatorio in Arco;
- vico Giganti at the corner of via dell'Anticaglia;
- via San Paolo corner via Pisanelli;
- via del Grande Archivio at the corner with via Giuseppe De Blasis;
- vico Paparelle al Pendino corner via Giuseppe De Blasis
Establishment of the pedestrian one-way street in via San Gregorio Armeno
Like every year, also for this Christmas, the most famous street of the city, that is San Gregorio Armeno it will be invaded by citizens and tourists who want to admire the nativity scene. If the pedestrian flow is really excessive, a one-way pedestrian will be established.
Limited traffic zone "Morelli, Filangieri, Mille"
Starting from 8 December 2022 and until 6 January 2023 the electronic gate will be activated to control the ZTL Morelli, Filangieri, Mille.
The restricted traffic zone will be active every Saturday, Sunday and public holidays according to the following schedule:
- From 10:00 to 14:00 and from 16:00 to 20:00
The roads affected by the ZTL will be:
- Via Morelli
- Vico Santa Maria Old Chapel
- Piazza dei Martiri (in the roadway outside the flower boxes, connecting via Morelli with via S. Caterina in Chiaia)
- Via Santa Caterina
- Via Gaetano Filangieri
- Via dei Mille (taken from the intersection of via Filangieri at the confluence of via Nisco)
- Caprioli ramp
- Brancaccio ramps
- Mondragone square.
Stop of the tourist buses
Introduction of a device limitation of vehicular access to regulate the transit and parking of vehicles. Activation of the ZTL in the Central Area called Centro Storico where the transit ban for tour buses. The gates are as follows:
- Via Amerigo Vespucci / Corso Arnaldo Lucci;
- Piazza Garibaldi / central lane towards the Center;
- Via Casanova / Corso Novara;
- Via Foria / piazza Carlo III;
- Corso Garibaldi / piazza Carlo III;
- Corso Amedeo di Savoia / Tondo di Capodimonte;
- Via Salvator Rosa / Aiuola Santacroce;
- Via Torquato Tasso / Largo Maria Teresa of Calcutta;
- Via Caracciolo / via Sannazaro;
- Via Giordano Bruno / piazza Sannazaro;
- Corso Vittorio Emanuele / via Piedigrotta.
Here you will find the prohibition signs required by the highway code. In the vicinity of Via Fuorigrotta / Piazza Italia there will be warning signs of prohibition of transit to avoid the access of tourist buses in the Gallery, with the exception of those directed to the Posillipo area.
The timetables of the tourist bus ZTL
The tourist bus ZTL will be active from November 5th to January 8th, Saturday, Sunday, holidays and days before holidays from 07:00 to 19:00.
The buses affected by the ban
- Tourist buses with more than 9 seats.
Tourist buses not affected by the ban
- Tourist buses with less than 9 seats;
- Buses that accompany customers to the hotels inside the ZTL;
- Tourist buses authorized by the Municipality of Naples pursuant to the Campania Region Law n. 3/2002.
More information can be found in our article on Christmas plan.