The Italian government has specified the rules to be implemented and followed to avoid the spread of the Covid-19 virus, here are what they are.
To avoid the spread of the virus Covid-19 the measures to be taken to deal with the emergency have been decided for Italy.
Art. 1 - Measures to counter and contain the spread of the virus.
a) All congresses, meetings, social events, meetings are suspended where healthcare personnel are involved, in charge of essential public services and utilities.
b) Public and private demonstrations and events suspended carried out in any place, which do not allow compliance with the safety distance of at least one meter.
c) Stop competitions and public and private sporting events, carried out everywhere. In some municipalities, certain competitions, events, training sessions behind closed doors, in outdoor sports facilities and where there is no public will be allowed. Sports clubs will carry out checks on athletes, technicians, companions and managers. Outdoor sports and motor activities allowed in compliance with the rules that limit the spread of the virus.
d) Until March 15, 2020 didactic activities in schools, universities suspended and where training courses are held. Excluded from the suspension university courses related to health professions, general medicine training, activities of trainees in the health professions, training schools that have been activated by the ministries of the interior and defense.
e) Stop traveling of education, guided tours, twinning exchange programs and planned educational trips from schools.
f) The readmission to schools of any order and degree of subjects who are absent for infectious disease lasting more than 5 days, must take place with the presentation of a medical certificate.
g) School managers and teachers' panel will take action, if possible, to continue the school didactic activities following the distance teaching methods.
h) In Universities and Institutions of Higher Musical Artistic Education and Coreutica the distance learning, where possible. Once returned to normal functionality, the universities will be able to recover all the training activities and tests and checks useful to complete the educational path.
i) For students who cannot participate in educational activities of universities and institutions of advanced artistic, musical and choreutic training, these can be carried out if possible at a distance, having regard for students with disabilities. The accrued absences students will not be calculated for the purpose of any final exams and assessments.
l) It is no waiting in waiting rooms emergency departments and first aid acceptance for those accompanying the patients, except for the exceptions prepared by the health personnel.
m) It comes limited access by relatives and visitors to hospitality structures, assisted healthcare residences and elderly facilities, evaluated by the health management of the structures.
n) It can be adopted smart working for the entire duration of the emergency respecting the provisions and agreements already provided for in the contract.
o) For those who could not support exam tests an extension of the terms provided for by articles 121 and 122 of the legislative decree of 30 April 1992, n. 285.
p) Support is provided by the Ministry of Justice and by the territorial divisions of the National Health Service regarding the containment of the spread of Covid-19, ensuring that new entries into the penitentiary and penal institutions for minors, are implemented in compliance with the rules.
Art. 2 - Prevention and information measures for Italy
1.The following will apply measures:
- Healthcare professionals must comply with all prevention measures provided for the spread of respiratory infections and follow the rules of sanitization and disinfection of rooms.
- It is recommended to people elderly people with chronic diseases or with states of congenital or acquired immunosuppression, not to leave the house except for strictly necessary reasons and avoid crowded places.
- In schools, universities, public administration offices will have to be Hygienic-sanitary prevention information displayed.
- Mayors and trade associations they will have to disseminate health hygiene prevention information.
- It is recommended to municipalities, cultural and sports associations, of promote individual recreational activities which can be carried out outdoors individually, without creating gatherings of people.
- They will be made available to users and visitors hand sanitizers, in public administrations and health service structures and places open to the public.
- Appropriate measures will be taken to conduct public or private competitions respecting the distance of at least one meter between the candidates.
- Public transport companies must take interventions of sanitization of vehicles.
- Anyone who arrived in Italy after having stayed in epidemic risk areas you must notify the prevention department of the healthcare company and your doctor.
- The data transmission methods are defined by the regions that indicate the names and contacts of the doctors.
2. Public health workers will prescribe the home stay following the following indications:
- Contacting by phone and getting all detailed information on places to stay and travel routes to assess the risk of exposure.
- Once verified the need for insulation and health surveillance, will inform the patient on the measures to be taken.
- Once the need for isolation and health surveillance has been ascertained, the public health operator will inform the general practitioner chosen by the patient, also for a possible certification for INPS purposes.
- If certification for INPS purposes is required for absence from work, a declaration must be issued addressed to INPS, to the doctor and to the employer, where he is declared to be quarantined.
3.The operator of public health will also have to respect the following steps:
- Make sure there is no fever and symptoms and put the cohabitants in isolation.
- Inform patients symptoms, the method of contagion and the measures to be taken to protect cohabitants.
- Invite the person to measure body temperature twice daily.
4. Adequately inform about mode and the application of the following measures:
- Stay in isolation for 14 days from exposure to the virus.
- Stop to contacts social.
- Stop traveling and displacements.
- Be reachable for surveillance activities.
5.If a person under surveillance has symptoms of the virus must:
- Notify your doctor and public health worker.
- Put on the masks and get away from cohabitants.
- Stay in your room with the door closed, making sure the place is well ventilated.
6. The public health operator will have to daily contact the client to get information and in case of symptoms, after consulting the doctor, he will proceed according to the provisions of circular number 5443 of the Ministry of Health of 22 February 2020.
7.The application of all the specified sanitary measures is recommended throughout the national territory.
Below the complete decree issued by the Italian government.