This post in brief
Good news for Naples: 900 shared electric scooters arrive in the city, in the name of more sustainable mobility!
Finally some good news for the city of Naples, soon they will arrive in the city i sharing electric scooters, to announce it on his facebook page is the Councilor with responsibility for Sustainable Mobility and Heritage, Public Works and Youth, Alessandra Clemente.
Just a few months ago, in May, the idea of making the city of Napoli more sustainable with sharing services of electric scooters, and from today this idea finally takes shape.
Sharing scooters: how to rent them
In fact, from today they will arrive in the city 900 electric scooters which can be rented and will allow you to move over an area of almost 3 square kilometers, between Piazza del Plebiscito, the Spanish Quarters, Lungomare di Mergellina and Piazza Garibaldi. The service will be managed by HelBiz company.
In order to use electric scooters, as explained by Councilor Alessandra Clemente, it will be necessary download an app, which will allow you to locate the nearest vehicle, once found, the vehicle can be unlocked by scanning a QR code located on the handlebar.
The vehicles are also equipped with a GPS system that allows you to locate them son the territory and that if they are tampered with will block the vehicle.
Rules for using electric scooters
Here are listed the rules to be able to use electric scooters:
- Passenger transport prohibited
- The user must be of age, if a minor he must have at least an am category license and must wear a helmet
- It is forbidden to bring vehicles into private areas
- Avoid sudden or dangerous maneuvers
- The helmet is not mandatory but recommended
- It is necessary to proceed in a single row in all cases where traffic conditions require it and, in any case, never side by side in more than two numbers
The application can be downloaded for free on Android and iOS smartphones. Once the vehicle for the initial release has been located you will be charged 1 euro + 0.20 euro per minute for the ride.
You can also take advantage of the rate flat Helbiz UNLIMITED at a cost of 29,99 euros per month, which will allow you to make an unlimited number of daily trips lasting 30 minutes, at a distance of at least 20 minutes from each other, and access to the service also from Telepass Pay with 30 minutes of free rides.
Areas to circulate with the electric scooter
It will be possible use the electric scooter in:
- 30 Zone
- Urban roads with a speed limit of 50 km / h
- Cycle and pedestrian paths at a maximum speed of 20 km / h using the speed limiter
- You cannot exceed 25 km / h when driving on the carriageway and 6 km / h when driving in pedestrian areas
Forbidden use the electric scooter:
- Under the arcades
- Preferential lanes
- Pedestrian tunnels
- On roads with speeds above 50 km / h
The electric scooter can be parked:
- areas and stalls for bicycles and motor vehicles
- points where there is no interference with pedestrians or other vehicles
- other parking areas that the administration will identify with specific ordinances.
More information on Official site of the Municipality of Naples.