This post in brief
The World Pizzaiolo Day is coming to celebrate the ancient craft: a statue will be erected in Naples and in some pizzerias the pizzas will cost 2 euros!
Making pizza, as we know, is a real art, which in recent years has received numerous awards. The latest comes with the establishment of the World Pizza-Maker Day, that the 2018 will be celebrated every year 17st January. The chosen date is not random: in fact, on this day, it is celebrated Sant'Antonio Abate, protector of pizza makers and bakers. For the occasion, some pizzerias will offer the pizza at 2 euro.
Just last December 7 the art of the Neapolitan pizza maker has been declared by Unesco cultural heritage of humanity. Also following this important recognition, the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana is committed to obtaining one day of celebration dedicated to the ancient craft, rooted in the Neapolitan culture. But the good news is not over.
Statue dedicated to the art of the pizza maker
The City of Naples, in addition to approving the World Day of Pizzaiolo, will make available a prestigious square where to welcome one statue dedicated to the art of the pizza maker. The work will be created by an important artist, whose name, like that of the square, has not yet been made known. The statue, over two meters high, will be in bronze.
Pizzas at the special price of 2 euro
To celebrate the recognition, some pizzerias in the Vesuvian area will offer, on January 17th, the margherita and the marinara for 2 euros, while all the others for 4 euros. They are the following:
- Pizzeria Amabile - viale Europa 30 / 32 in Cercola. Tel: 0815553058
- Pizzeria Don Paolo - via Alessandro Manzoni, 129 in San Giorgio a Cremano. Tel: 0817714499
- Pizzeria Vesuvio - via Benedetto Croce 47 in Portici. Tel: 081475728
- Funiculì Funiculà - via Figliola 12 in San Giorgio a Cremano. Tel: 0815742627
- Pizzeria and Pub Edelweiss - via Gennaro Paparo, 78 in Massa di Somma. Tel: 0817717146