Back to the European Museum Night, the beautiful initiative that allows us to visit museums, monuments, archaeological sites and royal palaces with special events and initiatives within them, but above all with the possibility of doing evening visits for 1 euro.
In fact, Saturday May 14 2022, if the museums are visited in the evening, the symbolic price of the ticket will be only 1 € also to Naples and Campania in all state structures.
In Naples and its province, as well as in the rest of Campania, there are many sites that have confirmed their participation for these extraordinary openings that finally after a long time, after the stop due to the pandemic, return to offer us the opportunity to get to know ours even better historical heritage.
This post in brief
Museums open in Naples
Visiting the Royal Palace you can also admire the living room with the rotating lectern of Maria Carolina of Austria and mirror by Carolina Murat, recently restored.
The exhibition can also be visited The Time Gallery, but in the ordinary opening hours: from 10.00 to 17.00, with last admission at 16.00.
Where: Piazza del Plebiscito, 1
- morning from 10.00 to 16.00
- evening from 20.00 to 23.00
- until 16.00: full ticket 6 euro (including visit to the Royal Palace), reduced 2 euro (18-25 years), children under 18 free
- from 20.00 to 23.00: 1 euro
Museum of Capodimonte
The permanent collections of the Museum and the following can be visited temporary exhibitions:
Where: Via Miano, 2
- morning: from 8.30 to 19.30 (last access at 18.30)
- evening: from 19.30 to 22.30 (last admission at 21.30)
- up to 19.30 12 full euro, 2 euro reduced for citizens of the European Union aged between 18 and 25 years old (up to the day of the 25th birthday included).
Contacts: 0817499111 | 0817499130
National archeologic museum
The MANN in Naples could not miss the appeal that will make us visit all its collections and temporary exhibitions, which are:
Where: Museum Square 19
- in the morning from 9.00 to 19.30
- evening from 20.00 to 23.00
- whole morning 15 euro | reduced for citizens of the European Union between 18 and 25 years of age and 18 app € 2
- evening: 1 euro
Contacts: 0814422111 - 149
Excavations of Pompeii, Boscoreale, Oplontis
Archaeological excavations in the Neapolitan area also participate in the European Night of Museums.
Here's the schedule:
- the monumental area of the Civil Forum with the most important public buildings for the administration of the city and justice, business and markets;
- there will be a sound intervention made by “Invernomuto”, with artists and musicians who have produced an audio track of three hours intercepting the sound trajectories of the Mediterranean area;
- the itinerary ends with a visit to the Antiquarium, dating back to the 800th century, with a museum space dedicated to the permanent exhibition of finds on the history of Pompeii.
Villa Regina in Boscoreale
Two guided tours at 20.30pm and 21.30pm with Coopculture archaeologists in the Villa Regina.
Royal Palace of Quisisana and Libero D'Orsi Museum
Free walk to price of 1 euro to the Royal Palace of Quisisana where there is the “Libero D'Orsi” Archaeological Museum of Castellammare di Stabia with many finds from the Stabia area.
Oplontis Villa of Poppea
It will be opened at the Villa di Poppea, an example of a villa of the Roman aristocracy, attributed to Nero's wife, Poppaea Sabina. There will be the event "Music and musical instruments among the ancients", a guided tour in the villa with musical interventions by the students of the Lyceum Musicale Pitagora. Reservation recommended: [email protected]
- Porta Marina (via Villa of the Mysteries)
- Piazza Esedra (Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore)
- Piazza Anfiteatro (Immaculate Square)
- the morning hours of all the archaeological sites
- in the evening they will be open from 20.00 to 23.00
- on the site the prices of the different places are indicated
- from 20.00 to 23.00 the price is 1 euro
Museums in Caserta with The Royal Palace of Caserta
Of course he participates in the Palace of Caserta with an evening aperitif under the Palazzo's telescope
- the Royal Apartments will be open from 19.30 to 22.15, with last admission at 21.45, at the price of 1 euro (+ 1 euro for those who buy tickets online)
You can also visit:
- the Campanian Amphitheater, Piazza I Ottobre, Piazza Adriano, 36, 81055 Santa Maria Capua Vetere CE
- and the Archaeological Museum of Ancient Capua and MItreo, Via Roberto d'Angiò, 48 - 81055 Santa Maria Capua Vetere (CE). Hours from 9.00 to 23.00, price of 1 euro from 20.
Museums in Salerno
The following sites join
- Villa Romana, open from 9.00 to 22.30 (from 19.00 the price is 1 euro). Contacts: 089 852893. Via Tasso - 84121 Salerno
Museums in Avellino
- il Bourbon prison with the contemporary art exhibition MartES “(Magic, Art, Esotericism). Via Dalmazia - 83100 Avellino (AV). Contacts: 0825 2792111 - 089 318138. From 20.00 with price 1 euro.
- il Immersive and Archaeological Museum in Avella. Piazza Municipio, 83021 Avella (AV). Hours: from 16:00 to 19:00 for the price of 10 euros | From 19.00 to 23.00 for the price of 1 euro. Contacts: 333 8847353 | 0818251044
Cover photo credit: Marie-Lan Nguyen (Wikipedia)