Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 February 2022 there will be a national strike involving several sectors: transport, Health, school, but not only. It will affect both the public and private sectors.
There could also be in Naples hardships both with regard to public transport of ANM and EAV both as regards access to public offices and the possibility of using the services of the public administration.
In any case, they will always be guaranteed minimum essential services.
This post in brief
How long does the strike last
The strike will be by 48 hours from 00.01 on 15 February to 23.59 on 16 February and will affect both the public and private sectors.
It was proclaimed by the FISI Trade Union Association - Italian Federation of Intercategory Trade Unions for February 15th and 16th, while by SOL-COBAS only for February 15th.
ANM means of transport (metro, bus, tram and funiculars) and EAV
At the moment, the guarantee time slots have not been communicated, nor have official news relating to any suspensions of the service meter line 1, bus e ANM funiculars, but not even of cumana e Circumflegrea by EAV.
The inconveniences could be considered the duration of the strike and we will continue to update the article in case of news. So keep following us.
Subway 1 Line
The restriction of circulation, originally planned from 10.00 to 11.36, has been revoked therefore the service continues normally.
ANM has not communicated that it has joined the strike.
Airplane and taxi personnel
Even the personnel of the airline sector and taxis could join to this 48 hour strike.
Healthcare and minimum services
In the health sector, despite the eventual adhesion to the strike, they will always be guaranteed the minimum services of:
- Emergency room;
- services relating to non-deferrable health problems of inpatient and non-hospitalized patients. For this reason, the technical staff for the preparation of meals and other basic services will not participate in the strike;
- House assistance;
- urgent prevention activities;
- veterinary supervision.
The reasons for the strike
This strike was called against the maneuvers of the Draghi government and specifically, the unions protest against the "permanent state of emergency" and against the "social butchery" they believe is taking place.
For this reason, the protests refer to the containment regulations and management of the epidemiological emergency from Covid-19 and they will be a point of reference for anyone who wants to “oppose the authoritarian political and economic measures imposed by the executive”.
The updates of February 15th
- On this morning of the 16 February the ANM service is regular.
- EAV announced that the company does not join the strike in neither of the two days, therefore the service of cumana, Circumflegrea, Circuvmesuviana, Metrocampania Nordest and trains to Benevento and Piedimonte will be regular.
- On February 15th also the ANM service is regular for bus, tram, metro line 1 and funiculars.
During these two days we will update this article by adding who will join or not. So keep following us for all the updated information.
We also recommend save this article so as to easily find it for consultation.