From Thursday October 14, 2021 the appointments with the Archeology Meetings at MANN, or the National Archaeological Museum of Naples.
It is a free review which has been going on for several years now, this in fact will be the twenty-seventh edition, and allows those who participate to know many curiosities as well as insights concerning precisely the fascinating theme of Archeology.
The meetings will be held by experts who will illustrate different themes, we will talk about Gladiator, of Dante Alighieri, but also of scientific projects and ongoing restoration activities.
This post in brief
How to participate
The appointments will start on October 14, 2021 but they will continue until May 2022, with about 3 appointments for each month.
You can participate for free but you will need to do the booking to the number indicated in the information mirror.
Mandatory Green Pass
In accordance with the regulations in force, to participate it will be necessary to possess the Green Pass.
Here are the appointments for 2021:
- October 14, 2021 at 16:00 pm, Paolo Giulierini and Giovanni Brizzi, The Spartacus Revolt
- 21 October 2021, Valeria Sampaolo, Stories of gladiators in Pompeian painting
- November 4, 2021 Stefania De Caro, The Amphitheaters of ancient Campania
- 11 November 2021 special Dante, Gennaro Ferrante, the classical Myth in the Middle Ages: a guided tour of the "Divine Archeology" exhibition curated by Valentina Cosentino will follow
- November 18, 2021 Gennaro Rispoli, Galen and the Gladiators: the care of a science on the way
- 2 December Ida Gennarelli, the stage machine for gladiator shows
- 9 December, Valerio Caprara, I am Spartaco: cinema between fiction and research
- December 16, Giovanni Greco The tale of the Bacchae in the twentieth century: online appointment with the Academy of Dramatic Art "Silvio D'Amico" event-performance "
Appointments for the 2022:
- 13 January 2022, Carlo Rescigno - Cuma in the MANN collections (13 January);
- January 27, 2022 Day of Remembrance - Fabio Beltrame - young people and women in the Four Days of Naples.
- February 3, 2022, Laura Forte - The setting up of "Gladiators" in the MANN warehouses
- 10 February 2022 Luca Di Franco and Silvio La Paglia - A special collection of vases in eighteenth-century Naples
- 24 February 2022 Fabio Pagano and Paolo Iorio - the Amphitheater of Pozzuoli between gladiators and saints
- 10 March 2022 Rossana Valenti - Women and the Mediterranean
- 24 March 2022 Cristiana Barandoni - research on the color scheme in ancient marbles.
- 7 April 2022 Andrea Milanese, Ruggiero Ferrajoli, Alessandro Gioia and Angela Luppino, a hymn to the Museum, collection of collections
- April 28, 2022 Jacopo Grossi Mazzorin - animals during gladiator shows.
- May 5, 2022 Valentina Cosentino - the nineteenth-century excavations in via Santa Teresa
- May 19, 2022 Mariateresa Operetto - the story behind the scenes of the great exhibitions
Information on Archeology Meetings at MANN
From 14 October to 5 May 2022 (consult the program)
National Archaeological Museum of Naples, Piazza Museo, 19
16 hours: 00