From 24 September to 7 November 2022 comes back with a new appointment Migrantour Naples, the event organized by Cosba Società Cooperativa Sociale and which is part of the European network Migrantour Intercultural Urban Routes.
It is an interesting cultural review that will allow you to immerse yourself completely in new cultures and to know many curiosities about it. In fact, there will be several itineraries organized by citizens of foreign origin and who live in the city, thanks to which you can discover squares and places of worship that contain secrets, traditions and religion.
From the Sri Lankan places of Montesanto, al Buddhist temple of Frullone, passing through alleys and streets, you will have the incredible opportunity to get to know another face of Naples. But let's see the appointments in detail.
This post in brief
- 10:30 am at Piazza Garibaldi The Flavors of the World, with Pierre Preira, an intercultural narrator of Senegalese origin. Appointment under the monument. We will visit the first reference supermarket for foreign citizens, the first halal butcher, fast food, Nigerian restaurants and many others, tastings are also scheduled. The cost is 13 euros per person. For entry to the mosque it will be necessary to wear a headdress for women and long trousers for men.
- 16:00 at Piazza Enrico de Nicola, Beautiful stories with Yulia Sanchenko, Ukrainian intercultural narrator. He will start from the Officine Gomitoli youth center in Dedalus in the former Bourbon Wool Mill, and then stop at the Avventura di Latta creative laboratory where some refugees of different nationalities make jewels and design objects with the traditional technique of Neapolitan tinsmiths. He also stops at the Church of Santa Maria della Pace. The cost is 10 euros per person.
- 10:30 at Piazza Duomo Naples: layering of stories, myths and peoples with Caterina De Vivo. A walk to tell about Naples as a treasure trove of languages, cultures and influences from Asia and Africa. The cost is 10 euros per person.
- 16:00 at Piazza Dante The Neapolitan Places of Sri Lanka with Charuni Dissanayaka, an intercultural narrator of Sri Lankan origin. Walk from Piazza Dante to the Cavone, and then cross the Montesanto district, you will arrive at the Sri Siththy Vinayagar Alayam Hindu temple dedicated to Ganesha where the monk Gowry nayaka sarma and the faithful will meet. Cost of 10 euros per person.
- 10:30 am at Piazza Garibaldi the event Flavors of the world with Andreina Lopes Pinto, intercultural narrator of Cape Verdean origin. A walk among the foreign shops with the possibility of tasting typical foods. Cost is 13 euros per person. To enter the mosque it is necessary to wear a head covering for women, long trousers for men and to remove shoes.
- 10:30 the event The stories of Piazza Mercato with Priscilla Donkor, an intercultural narrator of Ghanaian origin. Visit to the church of Santa Maria del Carmine and to Via Lavinaio. Cost 10 euros per person.
- 10:30 the event Grace and Harmony at the Buddhist temple with Charuni Dissanayaka, an intercultural narrator of Sri Lankan origin. Meet at the Frullone subway exit. Traditional Sri Lankan meditation and dances. Cost 13 euros per person.
Information on Migrantour Naples
From 24 September to 7 November 2022
Various places in Naples
Starting at 10: 30
From 10 to 13 euro
Official website | Info and reservations: email@example.com - cell. + 39 334 6049916.
Photo credit: Biagio Ippolito