La Night of San Lorenzo is one of the most anticipated of the year, also a Naples, because it gives the possibility to raise your eyes to the sky and observe the beautiful shooting stars of the swarm of the Perseids. The appointment is on 10 August, although the peak will be between 12 and 13 August.
The observation is even more suggestive if you are in a dark place or if you participate in some event organized for the occasion. Being admired in front of this unique spectacle is truly incredible! Also, on these nights they look very good too Jupiter and Saturn, which arise from the east. To recognize them we can use one of the many apps that help us move in the sky, such as Sky Map.
In Naples, in addition, during the day of 10 August 2022, you can participate in some evening openings of Capodimonte and Pompeii.
Here are all our tips on how to experience the Night of San Lorenzo!
This post in brief
- The best places to observe shooting stars
- 1) By the sea
- 2) Virgilian Park
- 3) Belvedere of San Martino
- 4) Naples waterfront
- 5) Night of San Lorenzo in Naples, at Lido Gallo to see the shooting stars
- Events for the Night of San Lorenzo on August 10th
- 6) Pompeii opens in the evening, night walks to the excavations with a 5 euro ticket
- 7) The Bosco di Capodimonte in Naples opens at night for the month of August
- 8) Night of San Lorenzo at the Amphitheater of Santa Maria Capua Vetere with shows on the Constellations
- 9) On Vesuvius night walks to observe the shooting stars of San Lorenzo