The Night of Lampare 2018 Cetara returns with the characteristic fishing of anchovies and many tastings
The night between Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 July 2018 the appointment with the Night of the Lampare in Cetara, in the province of Salerno, with the fishing of anchovies and the subsequent tasting in the picturesque setting of the Amalfi Coast. For those who wish, you can watch the night fishing trip off the coast by ferries.
Tool at the center of this traditional fishing technique and the lamp or a type of lamp mounted on a boat that is used at night to illuminate a large area of water so as to attract the fish on the surface that will then be trapped by the network of fishermen. At the end of the fishing trip they will be able to taste the products, based on fish naturally, in the village of Cetara.
Schedule of the Night of the Lamparas
Saturday July 14
20 hours: 00
- Departure of the fishing boat with the lights for the anchovy fishing.
- Departure of the ferries from Cetara and Salerno to watch the fishing trip.
20 hours: 30
- Start of the fishing trip.
21 hours: 00
- Lighting of the Cetara bay with the lights.
- Start tasting by the chefs of the area.
- Musical show with "Orchestra dei Numeri Primi" and "Medina Band".
Sunday July 15 2018
- Tastings by the chefs of the area.
- Musical show with "Pastellesse Sound Group, I Bottari di Macerata Campania (CE).
Ferries for the fishing trip of the Night of the Lampare
Ferries for the 14 July:
Departure only at 20.00 hours from Molo Masuccio Salernitano in Piazza della Concordia in Salerno and from Molo della Madonnina to Cetara. The ferries, after the bar, stop at Cetara to allow everyone to continue the party.
Line ferries to reach Cetara on 14 July:
Departure from the Masuccio Salernitano Pier in Piazza della Concordia in Salerno, at 18.00 and 19.00 hours.
Return from Cetara to Salerno: 00.00 and 01.00 hours.