La Chapel of the Sacro Monte di Pietà is connected to Banco del Monte di Pietà. It was established in the 1539 by the Neapolitans Leonardo de Palma and Aurelio Paparo in order to combat wear and tear which seriously damaged the people who, on several occasions, had to resort to loans to marginalize their economic problems as much as possible.
The chapel, completely frescoed and decorated with gilded stuccos, is one splendid example of mannerist elegance. It was then enriched by works by the Borghese, the Imparato and the Santafede, the Fanzago and Bonito.
Information on the Chapel of the Sacro Monte di Pietà
Opening time: not available (use the link in contacts for updates)
Price tickets: not available (use the link in contacts for updates)
- La Chapel of the Sacro Monte di Pietà from the Intesa San Paolo website
How to get:
- Address:Via San Biagio dei Librai, 114 - 80138 Naples
- L1 metro line: Università station, turn left onto via Mezzocannone and then onto Via San Biagio dei Librai up to number 114 (about 10 minutes on foot) | L2 metro line: Cavour station, from via Foria turn right onto Via Duomo and again the fourth right up to number 114 (about 14 minutes on foot) | BusE1 or E2: Duomo - San Biagio dei Librai stop, immediately take via San Biagio dei Librei on the left to junction 114 (about 3 minutes on foot).
The Chapel of Monte di PietàThe Chapel of the Sacro Monte di Pietà is connected to the Banco del Monte di Pietà.