The seventeenth-century and monumental church of San Carlo at the Arena It is located near the central Piazza Cavour and along Via Foria.
The term arena is due to the via arenosa, on which the church was born, which was determined by the waters coming from the hills and that deposited their debris in this area.
The current appearance of the church was conferred on it in the 1837 by the restoration work entrusted to Francesco De Cesare and, in part, by some renovations started following a fire in the 1923.
The interior, elliptical, presents a splendid crucifix in marble on the high altar, work of the 1599 of Michelangelo Naccherino.
Information on the Church of San Carlo all'Arena
- Free admission
- Tel: 081
How to get:
- Address:Via Foria, 24 - 80137 Naples
- L2 metro line:Cavour station, proceed on Via Foria, cross Piazzetta S.Carlo at the arena, you will find the church further on on the left | Bus182,184,201,203, C47 or N4: stop Foria - Garibaldi Barracks (coming from Piazza Cavour) and Foria - Cesare Rosaroll stop (going towards Piazza Cavour).
St. Charles ChurchSeventeenth-century and monumental church of San Carlo all'Arena is located near the central Piazza Cavour and along Via Foria.