Il 14 Maggio 2022 it is an important date for Naples and its province because after 9 years one returns stage of the Giro d'Italia which will not only cross the most beautiful streets of our city, but also wonderful places in between Pozzuoli, bacoli e Monte di Procida.
For this reason the various municipalities have prepared a temporary traffic device to allow the passage of cyclists.
This post in brief
- 1 Municipality of Pozzuoli: bans and roads closed to traffic
- 2 Municipality of Bacoli: bans and roads closed to traffic
- 3 Municipality of Monte di Procida: bans and roads closed to traffic
Municipality of Pozzuoli: bans and roads closed to traffic
From 10:30 am to 17:30 pm on May 14th are you can move on the roads involved in the stage that go from via San Gennaro Agnano and via Solfatara up to Arco Felice and Lucrino, passing through via Artiaco and via Campi Flegrei.
Here are the closed roads in detail:
- Via San Gennaro Agnano (from the border with Naples)
- Via Solfatara
- Via Anfiteatro
- Corso Terracciano
- Piazza Capomazza
- Via Santissima Annunziata
- Via Artiaco
- Via Campana (up to the border with the municipality of Quarto)
- Via Campi Flegrei
- Aldo Moro Square (Arco Felice)
- Via Miliscola (up to the border with the Municipality of Bacoli)
- Via Montenuovo Licola Patria (from the height of the agricultural institute and up to the intersection with via Cuma Licola)
- Via Cuma Licola
- Via Arco Felice Vecchio
- Provincial road Scalandrone
- Ramp down to Lake Lucrino
- Way around Lake Lucrino
- Via Lago d'Averno
These one-way streets that converge on the route will also be forbidden:
- Via Vecchia San Gennaro
- Via Vigna
- Via Mameli
- Via Luciano
- Via Rosini (from Via Carmine to Via Solfatara)
- Via Montenuovo Licola Patria (descending section from the Tunnel entrance to Piazza Aldo Moro)
- Before Trav. Montenuovo Licola Homeland
- Via Cacciapuoti
- Via Tripergole (exit section on via Miliscola).
Throughout the pink circuit, precisely the one crossed by the stage, there will be no stopping on both sides from 5:00 to 17:30.
Driveways along the route will also be suspended.
Closed the exits of the ring road
The exit of the ring road will also be closed via Campana and the release of the Variant Domitiana SS7 Quater of Arco Felice. Instead, they will stay the Cuma and Lake Averno exits are open only for emergency vehicles that go toSanta Maria delle Grazie hospital.
Municipality of Bacoli: bans and roads closed to traffic
The closed roads in Bacoli along the route, from 10.30 to 18.00 approximately, are:
- Via Arco felice old
- Via Scalandrone
- Via Orazio
- Via Montegrillo
- Via Lucullo - entire stretch adjacent to the port
- Via Via Fondi di Baia
- Via Castello
- Via Castello crossroads via Roma crossroads via Risorgimento
- Via Risorgimento
- Via Lungolago
- Via Miseno
- Via della Shoah - intersection with Via Miseno
- Via Miseno - from the former high school to the intersection with via Plinio il Vecchio
- Via Lido Miliscola
- Via Caracciolo
- Via Pontano - from middle school passage to via Cappella intersection
- Via Torregaveta
- Via G. Cesare
- Via O. Augusto
- Viale Vanvitelli - from the intersection via O. Augusto to the Bellavista intersection
- Via delle Terme Romane - from the crossroads via Bellavista to the opposite side of the entrance via Sella di Baia
- Via Petronio Referee
- Via Orazio
Pedestrian crossings prohibited
From the 10.30 18.00 about, it will be pedestrian crossing is strictly prohibited throughout the race circuit and the transit on foot in the Provincial Roads that are not protected by the raised sidewalk, poles, barriers or similar safety devices: Via Montegrillo, Via Scalandrone, Via delle Terme Romane.
Furthermore, from around 8.00 on 13 May until around 18.00 on 14 May, there will be parking bans on all roads involved in the circuit, even those that fall within the blue stripes.
You can stop and park in the blue lines not directly affected from the race, even if close to the circuit, for example in the market area), but it will be it is forbidden to move the vehicle during the period of validity of the ordinance, i.e. from 10.30 to 18.00 approximately.
Municipality of Monte di Procida: bans and roads closed to traffic
Monte di Procida is once again the protagonist of the Giro d'Italia after 45 years in a mini-circuit that will involve the roads we indicate. On 14 May 10.30 to 17.00, in these same streets, there will be a ban on transit and a ban on parking:
- Via Panoramica
- Via Roma (from intersection with panoramic road up to Piazza 27 gennaio)
- 27 Square January
- Corso Garibaldi
- Via Torregaveta
- Via Cappella (from the red house to Mazzone).
There is also a ban on access to the area affected by the circuit for vehicles coming from side accesses.
Furthermore, from 17.00 pm on Friday 13 May, in these same streets there will be a ban on parking with forced removal on both directions of travel.
Pedestrian crossings and closed schools
Pedestrian crossing in the streets involved is prohibited, during the period in which the car passes by with the sign "start of the race" and the one with the sign "end of cycling race"
May 14, 2022 are all schools of all levels and levels closed.
Photo source: Il Mattino