Follow us
About us

After 6 years in the field of online territorial promotion and after becoming the reference point for those who want to know the events of the city, we have welcomed the need of travelers and created a platform specially designed for them. Not only in Italian, but available in six other languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Russian and Japanese. And soon many others.

Made It srl.
V.A.T. nbr. 05075090968
Viale Antonio Gramsci, 11 - Naples (80122)

Available on Google Play
  • No products in the cart.

The Hermitage of Camaldoli in Naples

The Hermitage

The Hermitage of the SS. Salvatore was founded in 1585 at the behest of Giovanni D'Avalos, son of Alfonso of Aragon, and later named after the Most Holy Redeemer.

The complex was designed by Domenico Fontana reflecting the canons of thesixteenth-century architecture of the late renaissance of Campania.

For 400 years he hosted i Camaldolesi monks.
From the Convent (m slm 485) you can admire the panorama of the Gulf of Naples and the Sorrento peninsula.

The church has paintings and frescoes by notable painters (17th century): Luca Giordano, Andrea Mozzilli, Federico Barocci and Massimo Stanzione.

Currently the convent is governed by the "Sisters of Saint Brigida"Which host individuals and groups of all ages, nationalities and confessions all year round.

Information on the Hermitage of Camaldoli

Opening time: not available, contact the convent of the Brigidine Sisters at the link below

Price tickets:

  • For overnight accommodation it is necessary to contact the Convent of the Brigidine Sisters

Contacts:

How to get:

  • Address: Via dell'Eremo, 87 - 80131 Naples
  • You can reach the Eremo dei Camaldoli easily by car, by taxi or by bus. Take the 150 bus from Garibaldi station. At the last stop (Guantai in Orsolona) take the connection with the C44 (Camaldoli line). Get off at the last stop: at about 50 meters there is the entrance to the Hermitage.

The Hermitage of Camaldoli in Naples

The Hermitage of the SS. Salvatore was founded in 1585 at the behest of Giovanni D'Avalos, son of Alfonso d'Aragona, and later named after the Most Holy Redeemer. The complex was designed by Domenico Fontana reflecting the canons of the 16th century architecture of the late Campanian renaissance.
Address: Via dell'Eremo, 87
City: Naples
Region: Campania
Nation: Italy
Phone: Telephone: +390815872519
Email: eremo.camaldoli@libero.it
Coordinates: 40.8582323,14.192141900000024
Operating hours: times not available or variable
Admission for visitors is free.

Tag: