Due to the bad weather these days there were so many hardships in Naples, among these is the partial collapse area of false ceiling of the Claudio underpass. The Road Service went to the site to carry out an inspection and then assess the damage.
In particular, the technicians have identified an instability which caused the collapse of some panels of the false ceiling. It seems that there are some causes infiltrations due to the bad weather of the last few days. Consequently, it was necessary to close the underpass to trafficcreating a lot of traffic discomfort. In short, a situation that is incredible given that the tunnel had recently been reopened to circulation after six months of barriers.
Jobs will likely have one duration of 5 days, once completed, the Claudio Tunnel will be reopened to traffic. We just have to wait for news about it.
Other works planned
In Via Christopher Columbus, eastbound carriageway out of Naples, works for the replacement of an electrode in the underground cable that connects the "Naples Centre" primary substation with the Doganella primary substation:
- from 23 January to 27 January 2023 taken from the church of Portosalvo;
- from 30 January to 2 February 2023 Immacolatella height section;
- from 6 February to 17 February 2023 stretch up to the height of the Agip petrol station.
Night closure of the Vittoria Gallery for electric fan maintenance:
- From 23 pm on 30 January and until 30 am on 05 January 00 the transit lanes from Via Acton to Via Domenico Morelli will be closed to traffic.
Lane narrowing Scampia perimeter for lighting system maintenance:
- From 31 January to 4 February 2023 from 07:00 to 16:00 partial closure of the affected sections
Image source: Official website of the Municipality of Naples