Also this year the so-called will be active ZTL Marechiaro in Naples which provides for the ban on transit in the Marechiaro area, in fact, precisely in the summer when there is a greater influx of citizens and tourists who go to bathe there.
It will be active from May 7 to 25 September 2022 at certain times of the day and only vehicles authorized by the relevant badge will be able to access them.
This post in brief
- 1 The timetables of the ZTL
- 2 How to apply for a permit for the ZTL
- 3 The exemptions for some vehicles
- 4 The revolt of the residents: they have to pay the permit this year
- 5 Temporary access permissions
- 6 Permit prices
- 7 How to pay for the permit
- 8 Capo Posillipo shuttle - Marechiaro
The timetables of the ZTL
As mentioned, the dates of activation of the gate I'm from May 7 to September 25, but there are different prohibitions within this period.
For the entire period from 7 May to 25 September:
- 24-hour transit ban in Via Marechiaro in the section between Via Alfano and Piazzetta Marechiaro;
from 28 May to 3 July 2022, on holidays and days before holidays, excluding 1 June:
- no transit in Via Marechiaro, from 8:00 to 19:00 in the section between Via Coroglio and Via Alfano;
- no parking from 8:00 to 19:00 on the right side between the confluence of Discesa Coroglio and Via Alfano, in the sections not in curves, except for the vehicles of residents with a specific permit displayed;
- no parking in Via Alfano with forced removal on both sides, from number 63 to the confluence with Via Ricciardi;
From 4th July to 4th September 2022, every day:
- no transit from 8:00 to 19:00 in the section between Via Coroglio and Via Alfano;
- no parking from 8:00 to 19:00 on the right side between the confluence of Discesa Coroglio and Via Alfano, in the sections not in curves, with the exception of the vehicles of residents with a permit
- The telematic gates of Via Marechiaro will be active: from 8:00 to 19:00 (passage via Marechiaro on the side of via Coroglio) and 24h passage from Via Marechiaro on the side of Via Alfano.
How to apply for a permit for the ZTL
Instead, to request more information on permits and ZTLs in general, contact:
- One-stop shop for permits - ZTL Office at the ANM Management in Via Giambattista Marino, 1 (Fuorigrotta);
- è open to the public from Monday to Thursday from 9:00 to 13:00;
- to enter the offices it is mandatory to book at the Anm al contact center toll-free number 800 639525 from Monday to Friday from 6:30 to 20:00;
- Further information can be obtained by consulting the ANM site.
There is also the possibility to request temporary permits in some cases: consult our dedicated paragraph (in the article).
The exemptions for some vehicles
Some vehicles are entitled to a permit to access the ZTL:
- residents authorized;
- vehicles of authorized domiciled persons;
- non-residents (vehicles of off-road parking space holders);
- directed to garages;
- direct that go to accommodation facilities with a parking space;
- of Local Public Bodies and vehicles of companies controlled by the Municipality of Naples, distinguished by clear symbols on the bodywork;
- in the name of companies and companies providing public services;
- with a doctor on board with the obligation of a home visit to patients residing within the ZTL;
- who carry perishable goods but are authorized;
- carrying generic goods, authorized, from 8:00 to 10:00, and from 14:00 to 16:00;
- who transport people with disabilities with significantly reduced walking capacity and with a card as per the DMLL.PP. 1176 of 08.06.79. For these vehicles the H mark is required, which is requested by filling in the module H. In case of unauthorized access, the transit must be communicated within 48 hours following the violation to the fax number 0815992921 or to the email [email protected];
- Law enforcement, emergency and rescue forces;
- scheduled and non-scheduled public transport, i.e. buses, taxis, public cars for hire with driver upon notice to the Public Transport Service.
The revolt of the residents: they have to pay the permit this year
As we can see from the previous list of exemptions, this year also i residents will need to apply for permission to access and then pay cash on delivery to park.
A news that has caused reactions and controversy and the residents are threatening to start one legal battle to the Municipality. In fact, the ZTL lasts two months, but the mark to be paid is in any case the annual one with figures ranging from 10 to 200 euro depending on the power of the car.
Temporary access permissions
They can also be released temporary permits to access the ZTL when certain proven needs arise. Therefore, for the following cases:
- maintenance work on buildings,
- apartments, shops etc.;
- visits and / or clinical examinations for subjects;
- with walking problems;
- loading / unloading of materials and furnishings;
- for authorized events.
How to apply for temporary permits
For each permit that exceeds the 3 specified in the table, a payment equal to the cost of the third permit will be required.
|Vehicle categories||Cost Permitted 1||Cost Permitted 2||Cost Permitted 3|
|Of the residents (with power below 170 Kw, equivalent to 231 horsepower).||€ 10,00||€ 25,00||€ 50,00|
|Of the residents (with power greater than 170 Kw, equivalent to 231 horsepower).||€ 50,00||€ 100,00||€ 200,00|
|Of domiciled people (with power below 170 Kw, equivalent to 231 horsepower).||€ 10,00||€ 25,00||€ 50,00|
|Of domiciled people (with power greater than 170 Kw, equivalent to 231 horsepower).||€ 50,00||€ 100,00||€ 200,00|
|Of the holders of parking spaces off the road.||€ 100,00||€ 100,00||€ 100,00|
|Used for the transport of goods.||€ 50,00||€ 50,00||€ 50,00|
|Used for the transport of material and / or personnel assigned to carry out works and installations / maintenance within the ZTL, which require the use of a means of transport.||€ 50,00||€ 50,00||€ 50,00|
|In the name of companies and / or companies operating inside / outside the LTZ for the transport of goods, which certify the mandatory use of the means of transport for the operational purposes of the companies themselves (vehicles owned by the company and / or company with specific customizations).||€ 50,00||€ 50,00||€ 50,00|
|In the name of companies and companies providing public services (with the exception of vehicles belonging to subsidiaries of the Municipality of Naples).||€ 50,00||€ 50,00||€ 50,00|
|Customers of hotels, garages (for monthly / multi-monthly passes) and car repair shops operating within the ZTL.||€ 50,00||€ 50,00||€ 50,00|
|Doctors with mandatory home visits for patients resident / domiciled within the ZTL.||€ 50,00||€ 0,00||€ 0,00|
|Vehicles for public interest functions, which display a special permit issued by the Municipal Administration, for special needs that require the use of a vehicle.||€ 50,00||€ 50,00|
How to pay for the permit
The permit must be paid in one of the following ways:
- with postal current account n. 62811989, made out to the Municipality of Naples. Reason: "Issue of the ZTL mark for the vehicle with license plate ..........." .;
- by bank transfer IBAN code IT81H0760103400000062811989 made out to the Municipality of Naples. Reason: "Issue of the ZTL mark for the vehicle with license plate ...........". The receipt of the bank transfer, with CRO and wording of the operation carried out, together with all the documentation useful for the issue, must be delivered to the counter or forwarded, in pdf format, by e-mail.
One will also start from 15 June shuttle between Capo Posillipo and Marechiaro. All the details are in the our dedicated article.