The seventeenth-century church of San Nicola alla Carità, located in Via Toledo, was frescoed by the major Neapolitan artists of the eighteenth century, such as Solimena, De Mura e De Matteis.
The painter Bernardo Cavallino and Antonio Torres were buried there, working in theorder of the Pii Operai, he committed himself to the rescue of those affected by the plague epidemic of 1656.
Every year, during the Christmas holidays, it is possible to admire the characteristic ones Neapolitan nativity scenes within an underground church environment.
Information on the Church of San Nicola alla Carità
- Weekdays: 7.20-10.00 - 19.00 - (solar time) 19.30 (daylight saving time)
- Holidays: 10.00-11.30- 19.00 - (solar time) 19.30 (daylight saving time)
- Holy Rosary: 9.30 / 18.30 hours (solar time) 19.00 (daylight saving time)
- Adoration: Thursday 18.30 - 19.30 (solar) - 19.00 - 20.00 (daylight saving time)
- Free entry
- Phone:081. 5525733
- Email: [email protected]
- Official website area of Church of San Nicola alla Carità
How to get:
- Address: Via Toledo, 377
- L1 metro line: Toledo station, proceed on Via Toledo up to number 377 (about 3 minutes on foot) | L2 or funicular metro line: Montesanto station, cross Piazza Montesanto and take via Portamedina to Via Toledo (about 6 minutes on foot) | Bus: 201, 460, E1, N3, N8 or R4, Toledo Carità - Studio Ortopedico stop.