The Church of the Gesù Nuovo in Naples

The Church

The Church of the Gesù Nuovo (or Greater Trinity), consecrated in 1601, is a monumental church located in the heart of the historic center of Naples, in the homonymous square, to whose realization the most authoritative artists of the Neapolitan school, including Solimena, Corenzio, De Matteis, Stanzione, di Nardo, Lanfranco.

Structure

The exterior, consisting of a feature façade facade and from a Renaissance marble portal, it is completed by the baroque wealth of its interiors. The second chapel of the right aisle houses the body of St. Joseph Moscati, a doctor canonized by Pope John Paul II for miraculously healed a patient suffering from leukemia. On the right side of the transept, however, you can visit the oratory that houses manuscripts, photographs, rosaries, the bedroom and the study of the Saint, donated by the sister of the doctor to the Jesuits.

Information on the Church of the Gesù Nuovo

Opening hours for guided tours:

  • Every third Saturday of the month from 15: 00 to 18: 00

Price tickets:

  • Free

Contacts:

  • Tel: 081.55.78.151

How to get:

  • Address: P.zza del Gesù Nuovo, 1
  • From Piazza Garibaldi: L1 metro line, Dante station
Follow us on Telegram
Written by Milena Morreale
Let's talk about: ,
They may also like