La Faito cableway it is a bifune plant to go and come and connects Mount Faito with the municipality of Castellammare di Stabia and is managed by the EAV, the Autonomous Body of Volturno.
It was opened for the first time in the 1952 and its function has always been predominantly of type tourist. Excellent from a strategic point of view as it is very close to the Naples-Sorrento line of the Circumvesuviana.
After closing the 1988, followed by a reopening in the 1990 and one new closure in the 2012, the Faito cableway has reopened to the public the 4 May 2016, after major maintenance and redevelopment work.
It employs 8 minutes to travel the route.
The cable car timetables
Timetable from 20 September to 14 November 2021 (uphill and downhill):
- 10:00 - 10:20 - 10:40 - 11:00 - 11:40 - 12:00 - 12:40 - 13:00 - 13:40 - 14:00 14:40 - 15:00 - 15:20 - 15:40 - 16:00 - 16:20 - 16:40 - 17:00
- Single ride 5,50
- Round trip 8,00
- Round trip for residents 5,00
- Round trip under 18 3,00
- 45,00 monthly pass
- Bike transport 1,00
Cableway + Bus prices only on Saturdays and Sundays
- single ticket € 6,50
- Round trip € 9,00 Round trip
- residents € 6,00 return
- under 18 € 4,00 Subscription
- ensile € 45,00
- bicycle transport € 2,00
On the site you can consult the bus timetables.
How to get to the Faito cableway
The cable car is located near the Castellammare della Circumvesuviana stop.
Directions to arrive
- By car: take the A3 motorway and take the Castellammare di Stabia exit. Continue on the SS 145 and take the exit towards Vico Equense. At this point, take Via Raffaele Bosco / SS269 and Via Faito towards Via della Funivia.
- On the train:get to the Garibaldi station in Naples and from there take the Sorrento-Naples line of the Circumvesuviana. Get off at the Castellammare stop and take the cable car.
Latest news on the Faito cableway
The Faito cablewayThe Faito cable car is a two-way system to come and go that connects Monte Faito with the municipality of Castellammare di Stabia and is managed by the EAV, the Autonomous Body of Volturno.
City:Castellammare di Stabia
Hours for visitors(updated to 20 September 2021):
- Full round trip | 8€
- Return resident | 5€
- Single ride | 5.5€
- Monthly subscription | 45€
- Bicycle transport | 1€