Cumana of Naples
An overview of the Cumana Railway that covers the Montesanto - Torregaveta section.
La Cumana railway of Naples it is one of the main public transport routes in the Phlegraean area. Inaugurated in 1892, it was actually already in service since 1889.
Established as a steam railway, with the intent of providing an economic rail transport linking Naples and Torregaveta via Pozzuoli and Cuma, it was finally electrified in the 1927.
During the construction of the Mostra d'Oltremare (1936 - 1940) saw his track altered in the out-of-town area by burying the tracks and building the tunnel up to "Mostra", works that were carried out in the 1938 when the "Company for Neapolitan Railways" took over SEPSA ( Society for the Exercise of Anonymous Public Services).
During the 2005 work began on the rebuilding of the Montesanto station, then completed in 2008.
In recent years, the Cumana has been seen protagonist of the news of local transport due to numerous disservices that have led to the end of the users and staff.