Sunday 19 June and Saturday 25 June 2022 on 'Island of Nisida there will be a very special morning that provides the opportunity to stroll around the island which is usually closed. Thanks to a series of activities you will have the opportunity to discover all that this island has to offer.
The new guided tour will take you to the Garden of the Poets, you will also be able to do one visit to the showroom of the Nesis Social Cooperative where there will be an exhibition of 'Nciarmato ceramics in Nisida that were made by young prisoners in the Penal Institute for Minors on the island.
This post in brief
How to participate
In order to participate, you must send an email to the following email address: [email protected] These data must be communicated:
- SURNAME AND NAME
- VEHICLE PLATE (necessary to access the ZTL area of Nisida and not to get fines and to take advantage of the free parking on the island)
- EMAIL ADDRESS OF ALL PARTICIPANTS
- THE TIME CHOSEN FOR THE TRAIL
- INDICATE AVAILABILITY ALSO FOR OTHER TIMES.
Information about the event
Sunday 19 June and Saturday 25 June 2022
Island of Nisida
Route 19 June
- First group at 09:00
- Second group at 10:00
- Third group at 11:00
Route 25 June
- First group at 15:00
- Second group at 16:00
- Third group at 17:00
The event is totally free.
- It is not possible to access the island without the confirmation received by email, it will be sent to the address communicated by the Friday before the date of the event.
- The visit will be limited to one hour for each group in order to guarantee access and distancing between people.
- It will be mandatory to wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor places as indicated by the organization where a greater number of people is expected.
- The confirmation email will contain all the useful information to access the island, to park and to check-in.
- The availability of places is limited therefore requests will be accepted in order of arrival until all places are available.
- The lists of authorized persons and the license plates of the authorized vehicles will be forwarded to the Direction of the Penal Institute for Minors and to the competent authorities for the appropriate checks.
- The prison police will take care of controlling the entrances and license plates.
- Free parking is available.
- You must arrive on the island at least 30 minutes before your booked time to check in at the Nesis showroom.
- It will be possible to buy the ceramics produced within the Institute of Juvenile Penalty.
- The nature trail includes a visit to the panoramic terrace (natural amphitheater) and to the path of places and areas that guarantee distancing.
- The organization reserves the right to cancel the event at any time.
- The organization assumes no responsibility for any damage to things or people.
- Informal and comfortable clothing is recommended.
Photo credit: Nesis